The Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria, a member of the European University Institute, announced that the completing of application forms to apply for doctoral programmes in EUI for the academic year 2021/2022 will be held from November 1, 2020 to January 31, 2021.
The European University Institute (EUI) will provide a grant of 1,315 euros a month.
The European University Institute (EUI), based in Florence, was established in 1972 on the basis of an intergovernmental agreement by four EU member states: Italy, France, Luxembourg and the Netherlands, and offers doctoral training in programmes and research in the following 4 areas:
1. History and civilization:
4. Political and social sciences:
Completion of application forms will be online in the period 01.11.2020 - 31.01.2021.
The Ministry of Education and Science will provide one grant of 1,315 (one thousand three hundred and fifteen) euros a month, payable twelve months a year. The approved candidate is also entitled to funds for transport, insurance and family support. The first three years of the doctoral student's studies at the EUI are covered by the sending party, and the fourth and last year of study is at the expense of the EUI. Detailed information about the financial terms is published at https://www.eui.eu/ServicesAndAdmin/AcademicService/DoctoralProgramme/GrantInfo.
National criteria for the candidates for the grant provided by the Ministry of Education and Science for training in EUI:
1. The applicant has to be a Bulgarian citizen (regardless of the country of residence) or a citizen of another Member State of the European Union, who has permanently resided in Bulgaria for at least 5 years by the application deadline;
2. To the date of start of training (1 September 2021), the applicant must have obtained a master's degree;
3. The candidate must have a minimum average grade in his/her diploma for the acquired educational qualification degree "Master" - Very good 5.00 or the corresponding equivalent in the assessment system of the country where the degree was obtained.
All other requirements to the applicants given by the European University Institute can be found on the Institute's website: https://www.eui.eu.